*There will be minor changes coming to my blog this week. On either Mondays or Thursdays I will be posting more discussion type posts. It won’t be both days it will be one or the other. Sometimes I may post on Monday and then other times I may post on Thursday. I will still be doing Top 10 Tuesday, Top 5 Wednesday and Friday 56. While these posts do engage in some discussion, I want to attempt to add some more bookish discussion.
One week ago today on October 16, my blog reached 200 followers, so I decided to do a Q&A. Without further ado, here are the questions and answers. Thank you to everyone who asked questions. If anyone missed out, you can still ask questions, I may do another Q&A somewhere down the line. And please do check out the amazing blogs!
From Megan at Bookslayer Reads:
1.) If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
If I wrote a book, it would be nonfiction and what it is like to be a female Red Sox Fan
2) If you could change one thing about your blog right now, what would it be?
If I could change one thing about my blog right now, it would be to have more discussion type posts.
3) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
This is a tough one, I’ve never really thought about what animal I would be. But if I have to pick, I would be a Thestral, they’re very fascinating, beautiful creatures and misunderstood.
4) What do you hope to accomplish with your blog in the future?
I hope that my blog continues to grow and that people continue to enjoy the content.
From Esther at Chapter Adventures:
1) If you could only read one genre but it couldn’t be your favorite, which one would it be?
Well, seeing as how I absolutely love fantasy, I would choose to only read historical fiction. It is a genre that I have been trying to read more of. I like being taken to somewhere other than reality when I read, so with historical fiction, I would be taken back in time!
2) What do you love about the book community and where do you think it could improve?
I love that the book community is so welcoming. I think that there are many ways that it could improve, one of which is BookTubers connecting with bloggers more.
3) Has blogging impacted your life in any way or is it just another hobby?
It’s a hobby, but I feel like I have made some great blogging friends!
From Lauren at Wonderless Reviews:
1) What 3 Hogwarts classes would you choose to take?
Definitely A History of Magic, Care of Magical Creatures and Transfiguration.
2) Has there been anything about blogging that you didn’t expect?
I didn’t expect it to be so difficult to get on a schedule. I bought myself an ARC planner system from Staples so that I could put myself on more of a schedule so that my posts wouldn’t be so random and sporadic.
3) If you could only ever recommend one book what would it be?
I would have to say, Harry Potter, because it is my all-time favorite series, and it’s just all around amazing!
From Jasmine at How Useful It Is:
1) What do you look for when you read a book?
I look for a setting/world that I can immerse myself in, I also look to see how the main character develops over time. If a book takes me out of reality, then it has done its job!
2) What is your expectation when you write a blog post?
One of my expectations is that people will get book recommendations from my posts.
From Jamie at Watch Game Read:
1) Why did you start blogging and why do you continue to do it?
I started my blogging in 2012 to post my random thoughts on a variety of things, however, my blog has turned into more of a bookish blog in the past few years. I continue to blog because it’s something that I love to do.