Blind date with a blogger was set up by Jillian over Rant and Rave About Books. I first saw it on Twitter and though it would be something fun and different. I also thought that it would be a great way to meet new bloggers. I was paired up with Em over at Keystroke Blog. Both blogs are amazing, so you should go check them out.
Em and I decided that we would send each other different questions, instead of the same questions to make things more interesting. We also sent random facts about each other.
These are the random facts from Emma:
1. I am the second of four children and the only girl.
2. I have moved six times and probably will move some more before I decide to settle down.
3. Most recently I have been living on the Caribbean island of Dominica, which is a small island in the lower Antilles (don’t feel bad if you haven’t heard of it.. not many people have)
4. I want to be a writer, and am working on my debut novel/series called The Gravestone Chronicles
5. My favorite season is Spring, and it is closely rivaled by Fall.
6. The fastest I have ever read a full sized novel (over 350 pages) was in 2 hours while I was waiting at an air port.
7. I want to be a travel journalist at one point in my life and travel the globe #lifegoals
My questions are in black and Emma’s answers are in red.
If you could be any Disney villain, which one would you be and why?
Any Disney villain. Hmmmm. There are so many good (well, evil) ones! I would probably be Maleficent because she can use magic and turn into a dragon. I just think that’s so cool. And, ya know, dragons.
If you could take characters from one book and put them into another book, which characters and book would you choose, and why?
This question is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The first thing that comes to mind is taking the characters from Anna Dressed in Blood and putting them in the pages of a chick lit, just because that would probably be hilarious (although they would all absolutely hate it…. except for maybe Caramel).
What is your favorite thing about blogging, and what advice would you give to new bloggers?
My favorite thing about blogging is probably the amazing people I have been able to meet and work with. The blogging community is really a wonderful group of people, and my advice to new bloggers would be to go on social media and go blog hopping and meet some of the other wonderful people on the web.
What are three book worlds you would want to live in, and three worlds that you wouldn’t want to live in, and why?
Three worlds I would want to live in are Harry Potter (obviously… I mean, who wouldn’t), Percy Jackson (cause, again, who wouldn’t) , and the Gallagher Girls (because I would kill to be able to do half the things the girls in the books can do). I wouldn’t want to live in the Hunger Games world, Divergent, or Shatter Me (so pretty much any dystopian world), because with my luck I would be the first one dead.
What houses do you belong to on Pottermore?- I know this question probably pops up a lot, but I always find it interesting to see the different houses people belong to.
I was sorted into the Hogwarts house of Gryffindor (which I always assumed I was before I took the test, so yay), and the Illvermorny house of Horned Serpent. I’m kind of iffy about the Horned Serpent house, but to be fair I don’t know that much about the different houses yet, so I’m good with it.
I had a lot of fun doing this and hope there are more of these in the future!!